Zazzle Store

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

It's Been a Day

Ever swallow a pill and have it feel like it's stuck in your throat? I bet you think I'm going to try and relate my day to that pill with some kind of self-important craptacular metaphor. Nope, I currently have a pill in my throat that it feels like I didn't manage to swallow. It's not a particularly big pill either, but I keep tasting little bits of it, and I definitely feel it, so I'm thinking it's really there. Drinking water doesn't seem to be helping so much. Oh well, it's not painful, just annoying.

I'm supposed to be at Karate right now. But I decided that what with the gastro-intenstinal distress that caused me to take a pill, and get one stuck in my throat, my fellow martial artists would be much happier if I stayed home. Also, it's hard to kick and punch when you are having cramps.

See that last paragraph is something I wouldn't have considered writing before I got married. My wife has broken me of that taboo as has her family. Gastro-intestinal Distress (GID) or teeerible diarrhea as her family refers to it, used to be one of those topics I just didn't bring up. If people asked what was wrong with me, I'd wince and say "I'm just not feeling while". Now I tell them straight out "I'm having intestinal problems" and they say "eewww" and back away quickly. I don't blame them. I wouldn't want to be near me either.

Let me be clear. I don't generally get bad cases like some other people I am familiar with (not that I know that poor bastard). I am generally a once and I'm done kind of guy, but today I'm having low grade issues throughout the day. I just realized that taboo or not, there are some topics that just shouldn't be discussed in too much detail, because no one REALLY wants to hear them talked about.

I don't really have anything else on my mind right now though (funny how that works) so I'll just stop typing and say something else if I think of it later.



No comments: